International Study Programmes
Digital Master’s Study Programme
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
For experts and managers wishing to acquire strategic managerial expertise in order to pursue new career opportunities.
The general management degree for the top managers of tomorrow: During the MBA degree course from FOM University you will acquire all-round expertise in all of the most important corporate functions – in a way that is hands-on, forward-looking and with reference to international correlations.
Graduates of the full time Master’s programme “Master of Business Administration” are distinguished by their entrepreneurial 360°-view: by conveying comprehensive business knowledge and management competencies, MBA students develop into business-minded, assertive personalities, who are able to safely navigate the international business world.
The core goal of the MBA degree is the development of integrative, practice-oriented thinking and action. Real case studies from the world of business and a lively mix of teaching methods help to sharpen your overall, interdisciplinary perspective. Thus, you will gain important knowledge that will allow you to maintain an overview of all operational processes when making decisions. A voluntary coaching programme, which runs alongside the degree course, can also support you with your own personal development.
International students from all over the world now also have the opportunity to participate in the Business Administration Master’s programme at FOM Hochschule. All four semesters will take place online via our highly modern digital platforms.
You will complete your master studies in Business Administration with the academic degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Studying online provides a great flexibility in terms of space and time. Borders are hardly relevant any more - neither for teaching nor for students, who can connect and join in discussions from anywhere. This online study program is for students who do not want to leave their home country but still seek for an international degree. Since these programs are part time, students can continue to follow their (professional) life at home. The basis of FOM’s digital live studies are fixed-schedule courses in the form of interactive live broadcasts. The live lectures consist of a mixture of theoretical knowledge transfer and practical elements, such as exercises or case studies. In order to deepen the theoretical knowledge and apply it practically, the students work on questions and exercises, for example in breakout sessions.
Information on Master's Programme "Business Administration"
Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Length: 4 Semester inclusive Thesis
ECTS: 90 Credit points
Place of Study: Online
Mode of Study: Part-time
Course Language: English
Accreditation: The FOM - a non-profit-oriented University of Applied Sciences - and its academic degrees are state-recognized and all its study programmes are accredited. FOM Hochschule is Germany’s largest private university with over 20 years worth of teaching and research experience
University degree* (Diplom, Magister, Bachelor, Staatsexamen)
• worth 210 Credit Points** (applicants with a university degree worth 180 Credit Points** may be admitted to a course after appropriate professional experience or other university achievements are recognised)
• at least one year’s professional experience after the first degree
• an adequate knowledge of English (corresponding to an intermediate language level B2 according GER, e.g. at least 860 points TOEIC or 105 points Duolingo or at least 83 points TOEFL)
and must currently be employed ***
* Degrees from accredited Bachelor training programmes at Berufsakademien [tertiary education institutions offering academic training and practical in-company training]
** FOM awards credit points according to the standards of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). They measure the workload required of students in the study programme.
***Variations to this may be possible in exceptional cases.
Agents advertise the program locally. Interested students can either contact the agents or the FOM (International Office) with questions.
Economics (5 CP)
- Supply and demand
- Costs and revenues
- Theory of the firm
- Factor markets
- Market failure
- Unemployment and inflation
- Money and monetary policy
- Policy approaches
- International trade
Marketing & Communication (6 CP)
- The role of marketing
- Market analysis
- Company Analysis
- Marketing objectives
- Marketing mix
- Communication: Internal, External, Digital, International
HR & Leadership Competencies (5 CP)
- General Framework of Human Resource Management
- Corporate Culture
- Leadership in teams
- Motivation Theory
Financial Management (6 CP)
- Objectives in financial management
- Stakeholder vs. Shareholder Management
- Ethical aspects in financial management and corporate governance
- Financial planning
- Cash management
Strategic Corporate Management (6 CP)
- Strategic analysis
- Theoretic approaches
- Strategy formulation
- Choices and implementation
- Different strategic context
International Business Law (5 CP)
- Main features of the German legal system and embedment in European and international law
- Basics of contract law (including European and international references)
- Basics and current developments of commercial and corporate law
- Industrial property rights - Introduction to the national, European and international competition, trademark and patent law
- Basics of international arbitration procedures
Value-based Controlling & International Accounting (5 CP)
- Classification of accounting methods according to IFRS in the national and international normative context
- Goals, objectives and principles of IFRS accounting methods
- Components of IFRS annual financial statements
- General reporting and valuation rules of the IFRS
- Value-orientated controlling and indicator systems
- Possible applications and limitations of value-orientated indicators/systems for performance measurement and management through controlling
Management Decision-Making (5 CP)
- Decision-Making techniques
- Rational and intuitive decision models
- Information requirements and information management
- Managing risk and uncertainty
Research Methods (5 CP)
- Organisation and management research
- Research strategy and design
- Questionnaire and survey design and sampling techniques
- Analysis of quantitative data
- Dilemmas of research choice
International Investment (5 CP)
- Theoretical foundation of asset management
- Information content of derivatives and instruments
- Corporate diversification and hedging
- Net present value vs real options
- Planning of earnings, investments and finance
- Analysis of earnings, cash flows and assets/liabilities
- Finance and investment decisions (e.g. Private Equity, M&A)
- Shareholder value management
Advanced Module I: International Strategy & Sales Management (6 CP)
- Sales Goals
- Organisation, Personal and Team Selling (negotiation skills)
- Selection and Management of Distribution
Advanced Module II: International Entrepreneurship & Innovation(6CP)
- Business Plan
- International Business Activities
- Structuring and developing a Innovation Management Process
- Structuring and developing a (Digital) Business Model and (Digital) Value Chain
Master-Thesis and Colloquium (25 CP)
Registration fee: 1.580 euro one-time payment registation fee. Participants who have already completed or are taking a course of study or a recognised continuing education programme at one of the institutes belonging to the BCW Group pay half the enrolment fee.
Tuition fee: 11.570 euro
Examination fee: 350 euro*
Total cost: 13.500 euro including registration fee, tuition fee and examination fee
*The examination fee will be charged again if the student resubmits their thesis.
Students can pay the total amount in one installment (before the start of the program) or in two installments. The first installment is to be paid before the start of the program and includes, among others, tuition fees for the first two semesters, enrollment fees and examination fees (1st installment at 9.643 euro). The second installment includes the tuition fess for the third and fourth semester and must be paid before the start of the 3rd semester (2nd installment at 3.857 euro). (Subject to change!)
Please download the application form at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: Register your personal data and educational background in the application form.
Step 2: Please send the filled out and signed application form as well as the following documents as certified copies via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Authenticated copy of General university entrance qualification certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Authenticated copy of Bachelor degree certificate (for details check the admission requirements)
- Authenticated copy of Transcript of records Bachelor’s degree
- If applicable: Authenticated copy of Master degree and diploma
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (at least B2 proficiency level – for details check the admission requirements)
- Proof of professional activity for at least 1 year after completion of the bachelor degree (prerequisite)
- Proof of current employment
- Scan of passport
Please always enter your full name as it is mentioned in your passport. If you do not have a last name, please enter "-".
All documents must be in German or English. If your original document is written in another language, you must have your document translated by a certified translator. Please then send a certified copy of the original and the certified translation when applying.
Please send all documents as one PDF and name the file as followed: Last name, first name_Study programme (e.g. Smith, Jane_Big Data and Business Analytics).
Note: Where can I have my documents certified?
- issuing institutions, e.g. schools, universities and language schools,
- the Ministry of Education in your home country
- the German embassies and consulates,
- the cultural department of the embassy of the country from which the certificate originates,
- the authorities and notaries who are authorised to carry out official certification in your home country.
Important: Translators are not allowed to certify documents in the original language.
Step 3: After receiving your conditional letter of admission you need to send the registration form as original and certified copies of the other documents via post. (Please do not send original degree certificates!)