Professional Development Programme for International Students in Germany
The International Office of the FOM University offers a wide range of services in order to make it easier for international students to enter university, everyday life and above all the job market in Germany. The International Office is happy to help you with your questions and concerns at the FOM University Centre in Essen.
The services of the International Office
The International Office checks your application documents and prepares you for job interviews.
Support during the search for internships and jobs
Get to know employers on excursions, visits to companies and in direct exchange with company representatives. The International Office also prepares you for visits to job fairs and helps you find a job via the FOM job market.
Professional workshops and seminars
Optionally you can attend workshops and seminars on the following topics during your studies in Germany:
- The German labour market
- How do I apply for jobs in Germany?
- Business etiquette and recommendations of conduct/ Introduction to German and European culture and business practices
Take part in additional seminars on the following topics during your studies:
- Scientific work / Scientific research
- Literature research
- Project and time management
- During the Master's thesis: milestone discussions with specific target agreement