- FOM ›
- International ›
- Fremdsprachige Programme / Programmes taught in foreign languages ›
- Englischsprachige Module ›
- Business Communication Skills
Modules of the study course Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in International Management
Business Communication Skills
This course aims to better equip students to function effectively in today's globalized business world, by helping them develop the essential language, communicative skills and cultural sensitivity needed to interact confidently and effectively in a range of business related settings such as, for example, working in globally recruited teams, or dealing with suppliers or customers located in different cultures.
Keyfacts zum Modul "Business Communication Skills":
- Präsenzstunden: 36 Unterrichtseinheiten (á 45 Minuten)
- ECTS: 5
- Dauer: 1 Semester
- Prüfungsleistungen: Klausur (á 60 Min.) und Präsentation
- Kosten: 360,00 €
- Studienorte: Ob dieses Modul auch an Ihrem Studienstandort angeboten wird, erfahren Sie bei dem für Sie zuständigen Studienzentrum.
- Bei Beginn im Sommersemester: Vorlesungen von März bis August
- Bei Beginn im Wintersemester: Vorlesungen von September bis Februar
This second of three English courses for students on the BAIM study programme aims to further extend students’ language and business communication skills by building on the foundations laid in the first course. Please note that this course is also offered as a standalone option in some other study programmes (See Teilnahmevoraussetzungen und Vorkenntnisse).
In addition to further developing the areas covered in the first course, students should be guided towards effectively
- preparing and giving a formal presentation.
Language and communication skills for the study and work-related situations
- making small talk
- telephoning (business to business calls)
- presenting products &services
- making presentations for business and study purposes (e.g. opening and closing, signposting, language &pragmatics)
- taking part in meetings
- negotiating (an introduction to the key stages).
Understanding and processing information in written and spoken business related material
- international trade
- production processes &production management
- marketing (alternative forms including the use of social media)
- finance: investments, savings, debt
Writing skills for business and study purposes
- preparing effective presentation slides
- product descriptions
- describing visually represented information (graphs, charts, etc.) verbally.